Latex Paint Removal
Latex Paint is a water based nonhazardous liquid that will solidify when the lids are removed from the containers and paint is allowed to dry out.
- Purchase only the amount of latex paint needed to do the job.
- Give leftover latex paint away.
- If you have left over latex paint TAKE THE LID OFF allowing paint to dry to a solid. The more paint the longer it will take to dry.
- To help ftw drying process ADD KITTY LITTER (Clay Based Only) to the opened can.
- When dried to a solid, LID-LESS paint may be disposed of with your regular trash.
- This will only work for LATEX PAINT not OIL BASED PAINT.
- Half cans of LATEX PAINT will dry out in approximately 5 days, 2 days with KITTY LITTER.
- New or full cans of LATEX PAINT can still be disposed of through the HOUSEHOLD HAZARDOUS WASTE PROGRAM.