2022-2023 Solid Waste and Recycling Information
G. Mello Disposal Corp. is pleased to be the City of Newburyport’s solid waste and recycling provider for a cleaner and healthier environment. Residents do not need to subscribe to service privately with us. Please see the street guide to determine what day your services will be. Recycling is on the same day but every other week.
Paper Shredding Day
First box free, $5 per each additional
Saturday, September 10
8 am-12 pm
DPS, 16A Perry Way
Hazardous Household Chemicals
Saturday, September 10, 2022
Dept. of Public Service
16a Perry Way
8 am – 12 pm
Bring the following items:
Hazardous Household Chemicals (see City website for specifics)
You may also bring the items listed under Recycling Center. Please sort items by type before arrival.
Proof of residency is required. Fees apply for all materials.
For more information call our Recycling Department at 978-499-0413.
Bagged Leaves & Christmas Trees
- Bagged leaf collections will take place on the following Saturdays: November 5, November 19, December 3, 2022 and April 29 and May 13, 2023.
- Leaves must be out by 6 am.
- Place leaves only in brown leaf bags or loose in a marked barrel. Please fold bags over at the top.
- Leaves will be going to a farm for composting so please keep trash out of the leaf bags.
- Christmas tree collections will take place during the month of January only.
- Trees over 6 feet must be cut down in size.
- Trash pick up may be delayed during Christmas tree weeks.
- Wreaths: Bring to Colby Farm Lane Yard Waste Facility or Recycle Center.