Colby Farm Lane Recycling Center
First Saturday of every month, 8 am – 12 pm
*Exceptions to schedule:
Second Saturday in July (7/10), September (9/11), January (1/8)
No recycling in October due to Hazardous Waste Day (10/2)
Call for additional hours: 978-465-4410 ext 1
Location: Colby Farm Lane, Off Low St.
No chemicals or trash!
Antifreeze Appliances (large & small)
Oil (cooking & motor)
Styrofoam (non food)
Colby Farm Lane Municipal Yard Waste Facility
Colby Farm Lane (formerly Crow Lane), Off Low Street
The Newburyport Yard Waste Facility is open for regular seasonal hours from the second Tuesday in April through the first Saturday in December from 7:30 AM-2:30 PM. Please drop off material only when the facility is open. For more information, click here.
Proof of residency and seasonal sticker required. Sign up is now required. Click here.
- Residents may bring leaves, plants, brush, and tree limbs up to 18” in diameter.
- NO wood, plastic bags, or plastic containers .
- Grass clippings are recommended to stay on lawns and discouraged at the facility.
- Please separate branches and brush from leaves and garden debris.
- Backyard compost bins and rain barrels for sale at City Hall and Yard Waste Facility.
- Yearly sticker required. Purchase on City website. See the home page “On-line Services.”
- Free Agresoil available on-site, good for lawns and flower gardens, not vegetable gardens.